The average person tries a few times and stops.
The Emotionally Intelligent employee fails a few times and says“I haven’t succeeded yet,” continuing with complete focus on the result.
Success goes to the persistent with a knowing they will not stop until they reach the goal. Edison said, ” I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
Sales requires significant Emotional Intelligence to not buy into your own negative thoughts, habits, or behaviors.
- 80 % of all sales are made after the fifth call.
- 48 % of all salespeople give up after the first call.
- 25 % give up after the second call.
- 12 % make 3 calls and then stop.
- 5 % quit after the fourth call.
Only 10% keep on calling. This 10 % gets 80 % of all sales.